Wednesday, July 29, 2009

San Diego CA





It was time for a change of scenery. I came to know our neighbors at Glen Ivy RV park a little better than I wanted to. One was an older white woman and the other a Puerto Rican. Both were in gangs when they were in high school and both had abused some or many different types of substances over the years. One of them seemed a little jittery now as though she was high on crack. As I was putting the food on the grill, this guy approached me and asked me if there was another way out of the park than the main gate. This guy was in some kind of trouble and had a look of extreme fear in his eyes. He offered to pay me $20 to give him a ride 2 or 3 exits down the highway. He was running from something or trying to evade someone. I felt sorry for the guy because I decided it in my best interest to not get involved and he continued to walk around the RV Park looking for a way out. I felt bad for the guy because I could see the fear and worry in his eyes. To be honest, he looked like he could be involved in some kind of organized gang or sorts. Who knows? Either way, it was time to move on to another home for a few days.

I dropped Rose off at the Fair and headed south towards San Diego. We’ll be here for 4 or 5 days until it is time to go meet Rose for her days off next week.