Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Humminbird



The wildlife around the lake was also special. It was during our visit that I had one of the most magical experiences of my life, at least with a hummingbird. As I walked outside of Sherrie’s house, there was a hummingbird that had flown into the window and kind of knocked itself out. I gently picked her up and you could tell she was dazed and confused. So we just kind of sat there and I held her in my hand petting her chest, her head, comforting her back to consciousness. I gave her a few kisses wishing her a healthy return to the wild. She kind of fluffed her feathers for me and we looked one another eye to eye and had some special kind of communication for a few minutes. Then, as soon as she was there, she was off and flying back among the banana trees, coffee trees and back flying. What a great experience!! It let me know just how fragile life can be and how quickly we can run into a wall and then pick ourselves up and get off and going again…