Friday, March 5, 2010

Being Vulnerable and Blood type diet

I was warned that I should be careful as to what I post. Sharing my inner thoughts and questions, might open me up to judgment and criticism from others. I guess this type of expression might be part of the journey I am on in a way. I think that by getting it out, and writing about unpleasurable realities is a way of healing and being honest with your soul. It is only through recognition of your weaknesses that we begin a possible path of healing. I actually don't know of many men that tackle things head on or even are able to be honest with themselves about weaknesses. I continue to know myself better and better with each passing moment.

I spoke of self-sabotage this morning with a man I trust and respect, and he too has had experiences with it himself. After looking closer I am of the opinion that it has to do with self confidence or self-worth issues. Now these have been things that on the surface I have not felt or lack in my life, I think. Maybe a few times when I was ignorant of a job or task I was to perform, at least the confidence portion. So it is interesting to dig into some of my non-surface issues. Being conscious of these issues is something to be aware of, definitely. We all have them, it just may take some of us longer to notice. Maybe we choose not to see them. Maybe we get so wrapped up in our lives that our answer is, "I don't have time." Some would say that I am too open and by expressing these weaknesses, it makes me vulnerable. Oh well, it is not until we are honest with ourselves that we truly grow as humans. Honesty, even if it is unpleasant is the only way to begin, even if it leaves us vulnerable for all to see.

This blog probably comes across as a bit dramatic with my analyses'. I would have to say, I seem to over analyze myself and my situations a bit much. I really wanted to talk about my experience at the acupunturist. I have never been so I figured I would give it a try. I have had problems with my left knee, extremely bad gas for my whole life (not painful, just alot), and also wanted to incur about my body and the digestion of the nutrients I put in it. Is it working efficiently. I have heard that this guy, Clark, is amazing. He was very mild mannered, not alot of emotion, quiet, white male, in Gainesville. Soft spoken with a beard. So I filled out the form and prepped myself for needles and hopefully some of the magic he made happen with Rosemary and her amoebas. he pulled on my thumb and my index finger while I tried to hold them together while holding my hand on the right side of my stomach on my lats. He said a,b,c,d,e,g,i,j,k,l,n,o,q,s,u, and then asked me if I woke up in the night regularly, or had headaches. I pointed to my temples and replied, yes. I had also mentioned that even though I worked out and juiced daily and ran and was doing cardio daily, I was still not aining a little around my waist and lower back. I was watching my sugar in-take etc... Anyway, he said that he thinks that I might have the beginning of stones building in my galbladder. He said that the bile that is produced might be backing up and not digesting the fats and protiens that I have been eatting. He mentioned that the heat that builds in my gallbladder at night might cause me to not sleep as well and wake up on a regular basis. My temples are the galbladder meridians, therefor I have the headaches there. The weight gain could also be caused my decreased levels of bile. The gas as well. He asked if I knew my blood type and mentioned he probably tought I was Type O and that I should seriously consider eatting a diet that is proven to work well with type O's. He said that I might be putting the wrong items into my system causing me issues all together. I had heard of the diet that is based off of blood type, but not considered it until he spoke further and I read some info online. It effects what you eat, how you deal with stress and how you quit possibly should live your lifestyle in certain macro-ways. He gave me some Chinese herbs that will break up the stones forming in my gallbladder taken daily. So I purchased these books titled "Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type", "Live Right 4 Your Blood Type", and "Cook Right 4 Your Blood Type." I am going to give blood in the next week or so to confirm his idea that i am a type O. I can't wait to look deeper at what my diet should be based on my blood type. I would assume that I am a type O. Based off of the evidence I have seen of his work, he is right on with his diagnoses'. We'll have to wait and see what my diet changes to in the next few weeks. I currently juice about every vegetable there is as well as fruits, daily. I couple that with protein shakes and usually a meal of vegetables and fish. I look forward to learning what protein s are best for my body and what plants to eat, etc. I am not sure about the "Live Right 4 Your Type," but we'll see.

Just another path to take to see or look closer at areas about myself. I was definitely not expecting the blood type diet and gallbladder blockage. I trust his word, it surely can't hurt. He said he once told a vegetarian who was having problems losing weight to eat red meat. Her body needed that specific protein, even though she thought being vegetarian was the healthiest for her. She began to eat red meat and base her diet off of blood type, 2 months passed and she had lost 30 lbs... Not that my goal is to lose 30 lbs., but the goal is to better align my diet with my body chemistry. Hopefully my as will subside. It is possible that I have been eating incorrectly my whole life he said....bringing gas. Enzymes, bile, proteins and fats, and sugars. My appologies if the fact that I brought up gas makes anyone reading uncomfortable. So, we'll see.

I am currently reading a book by Michael Reynolds titled "A Coming of Wizards." This is the architect/designer and founder of Earthship Biotecture and a renegade for off the grid living around the world, based out of Taos, NM. Kick ass guy with an attitude. Just watch "Garbage Warrior" and form your own opinion. I have a few other books too discussing spirituality and growth spiritually centering around the ways of the Lakota Indians. I am actually currently involved with a circle of men and one of our pillars is spiritual growth specifically centering around the Lakota ways.

We have a 6 hour drive tomorrow. Santa Rosa Beach, here we come. It is Spring Break and Rosemary is the henna queen. Wish us success again this year.