Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Opinions - a side project

Do you ever just get tired of people's opinions? I think that if we all would just not talk for one full day, every two weeks, we would begin to see just how little we actually need to say in the first place. Rosemary and I began this a few weeks ago, we did not speak for the whole day, spent it in silence. I was faced with a situation today where someone said spoke their opinion and in no way at all was their opinion needed nor was it asked for. It did nothing positive for a situation. It was simply so that they could say, "I have a right to my opinion", so they could feel good that they shared their mind. So often I wonder if this is exactly what this blog is all about, is it just me venting and getting off my mind what I am thinking. The same as anyone else who speaks their mind. Maybe it was just that I allowed myself to be a target, or that I took what they said personally. I'm allowed to do that as much as they are allowed to speak their opinion. I uess being brutally honest is good, but it is not necessarily the best way to get your point across. And just because it is your opinion and you are entitled to it, doesn't mean that anyone else in your presence has asked for it. But, if it makes you feel any better, then go ahead and spout off your opinion, no matter how it makes others react.....I have been there, I am guilty, I tell people what i think all of the time. All of the time. I found myself reacting to this persons opinion by spouting off my opinion of them, it was kind of nice to immediately see the lesson. It is nice to see these lessons sooner and sooner. I found myself looking in the mirror immediately and taking notes about my own actions...So thanks for your opinions, but no thanks. I think it is time for a silent day...Maybe it is just me, but sometimes I could care less about what anyone has to say.....Did I ask for your opinion, or do you just feel the need to expel yourself into my world of reasoning...When I need your opinion I will ask....And I will do the same to everyone else, starting now....I'll let you know how it goes.