Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Opinions part 2

I guess what really needs to be thought of is this,...when I speak, am I speaking simply to validate my opinions and beliefs and what I believe to be true, to me.??? Am I writting this blog to validate myself, do I respond to others with my beliefs and opinions simply to validate me? Is this what we all do when we give our opinions? I am not saying that it is not good to have our opinions or to feel strongly about a cause or subject matter, rather I am expressing my feeling that all of us could possibly go around this world and speak less, forcing us to stop oppressing others with our views. That really is what we do when we express our opinions without being asked to do so, correct? That may be a little harsh, but I guess with my examination lately of communicating, I am moving forward with my action of not expressing my opinions without being requested to do so from another person. I need to listen to others. I can't tell you how often I am thinking aimlessly while in conversation with anyone. I am going am going to listen more and avoid the validation process of oppressing others with my opinions unless requested to do so. Sounds good. Ummmm............Breath in.............Breath out..................Breath in..........Smile.................Open eyes................Feels good. Validation usually does go with oppression.

I need to come back to my writting this blog in the first place. I tend to think that this is simply a way to express myself and my validation usually comes from my actions, not expressions.